5/30/23 10:05am: The TN Dept. of Ed released an updated link to the 3rd-Grade Promotion Appeal form. Use the following form if your child is eligible for a 3rd-grade promotion appeal: https://stateoftennessee.formstack.com/forms/thirdgradeappeal
Use the linked image below to watch a video that walks through how to submit the Appeal Form.
5/30/23 9:10am: The TN Department of Education has not yet activated the 3rd Grade Parent Appeal Form. This is expected to happen today. JCS District Leadership is monitoring the site and will update parents via our website and social media accounts when the form is activated. As always, we appreciate your patience and support.
5/23/23 Update: New guidance from the TN Department of Education was released this morning. Changes made by the TNDOE restrict access to the 3rd Grade Retention Parent Appeal Form until May 30. The Appeal Form will be available beginning May 30, 2023 and parents of eligible Jefferson County 3rd Grade Students should complete the Appeal Form by June 10, 2023.
- 3rd grade TCAP scores were received from TDOE around 5:00 pm on Friday, May 19, 2023.
- Work was completed Saturday and Sunday at the district level to aggregate the data.
- School level meetings are occurring on Monday, May 22, 2023, with administrators across the district. Many end of the year events are occurring today, but we are prioritizing the release of 3rd grade information to parents.
- All 3rd grade students will receive an individualized letter stating their status regarding the 3rd grade retention law.
- A personalized phone call will be made to families whose students require summer school.
- 3rd grade retake opportunity will take place on May 30 & 31, 2023 at select locations across the district.
- Reach out to your child’s school if you have any questions.
- district front